Thursday, October 29, 2009

Gather 'round, whores and bitches. [PRIZES]

Wow - apparently y'all are bigger fans of sewing books than you are of homemade pickles. Who would have guessed?

OK, well, I probably would have if I'd thought of it before now. Which I hadn't. Because that's a weird thing to think about. Even for me.

NOT IMPORTANT!

What is important is announcing the winners. Because I know that's why all you whores are back today.

Do you like how I keep calling you whores and bitches? Where do I get off?

Anyway, whores...

The proud and SUPER DOUBLE LUCKY winner of the soon-to-be-available (WTF, Storey Publishing? I thought the book release was yesterday.) One-Yard Wonders book is Betsy.

And the proud and SUPER EXTRA DOUBLE LUCKY winner (because this calendar is already available for shipment per Amazon right now) of the already available Sewing: 2010 Day-to-Day Calendar is Carla.

Congrats whores and bitches! Now send me your mailing addresses (and full names, unless you want your shit mailed to Apples and Onions Betsy, which is fine by me but whatever) to finnyknits AT gmail DOT com so I can ship you your shit.

OK. I'll stop calling you whores and bitches now. It hardly seems nice. Given you're winners and all.

The rest of you though? You're on the bubble.

KIDDING!

I'm very punchy this morning. I think I'm just excited that Bubba's coming home from his trip to Cambodia today. Yay! No more single dog momming it around town. *Throws handfuls of dog kibble in the air*

Tomorrow I'll be back to boring you with the exciting world of pumpkin puree-making (no, for reals) and meadow grass-growing (again, for reals. Thanks for the reminder, Dena!), but for today you can all bask in the glow of prize awarding.

Even if you didn't win a prize. Because, you know, you could still go enter yourself in the Storey Publishing contest for fabric. Unless you live out of the country. In which case you're a little SOL, but that's not my fault, so let's just agree to be mad at these anti-Non-US contest-havers and go on with our lives.

For the record - I ship internationally. So, if you ever win a prize from Finny and you live somewhere far far away not in the US - I will send you your prize and so there.

Just so you know. I love all you whores. US and non.

I feel this is a good time to end this post.

Oh wait - HI JANA! So random, but Jana and I used to work together and it was really fun to see her picture right there in the comments, so I had to say hi. I'm like that. Also - your hair looks cute - it's dark - I like it muchly.

8 comments:

  1. Wait! I did not win, so I am neither a whore nor a bitch? Gaw! I'm such a loser!
    So, I must say Congratulations to the whore and bitch who won!
    YAY for you...

    I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- a link to my profile in your post. I almost feel like a winner. Almost. And just for the record, I considered trying to win the pickles (I don't like the pickles here), but I thought it would be mean to make you mail something as heavy as pickles internationally. Besides, the customs guys would probably steal them and then all of your good will would have been for nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats winners!

    And is it just me, or does Finny have an awesome attitude towards the publisher?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind being called a bitch. I secretly wish I could have been a whore. Maybe I can be an old lady whore someday. HA! That'd be awesome. I'd be walking around in tight leopard print stuff and like wrinkly and stuff. Gross. I kind of threw up there.

    I *heard* that people respond better to abuse so carry on buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Shit! I`ve never WON a thing in my life! I`ve never ENTERED to win anything either, but that`s beside the point. Thank you, Finny and random thingie! I`m off to buy a lottery ticket...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your winners! I'm glad Bubba is safely on his way home. I've got to check out the Storey Publishing contest thing since I do indeed live in the country. Like you, I'm non-geographically discriminating when hosting a give-away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, one comment and I get referenced in your blog. I feel nearly famous. If you ever have another pickel give away like I'm hearing about I'll be sure to enter that drawing...As you know, pregnant girls apparently like pickles! I'm loving your blog. I find myself inspired and laughing out loud with every post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. claudia - You're an excellent sport. Whore.

    Alisha - I'd still try to send them to you! Stupid customs people always eating my shipments. Seriously - sent something to a friend in Italy - it arrived half eaten. Whores.

    Knittah - You know, I noticed that, too. What is my problem? I guess I just feel bad for those people in other countries that want to win contests in Fancy USA and can't. So, I get irrationally angry and lash out. It's my way. Gee - I hope they don't take back my contribution to the book!

    Sara - Having been called both (though I'm never sure it's really deserved, ahem) I can say that I prefer being a bitch. Not sure why. Perhaps I'm not doing the whore thing right. I'll try it with leopard print next time.

    Carla - Your calendar is in the mail! Congrats! I hope you win big with your lottery tickets. Whore.

    Junie - I knew I could count on you to be fair in your contest-having! Such a good book buddy.

    Jana's famous! Jana's famous! You let me know when you need preg pickles and I'll ship you some. Because I, uh, made a lot this year. And they're real good, too.

    ReplyDelete

[2013 update: You can't comment as an anonymous person anymore. Too many douchebags were leaving bullshit SPAM comments and my inbox was getting flooded, but if you're here to comment in a real way like a real person, go to it.]

Look at you commenting, that's fun.

So, here's the thing with commenting, unless you have an email address associated with your own profile, your comment will still post, but I won't have an email address with which to reply to you personally.

Sucks, right?

Anyway, to remedy this, I usually come back to my posts and post replies in the comment field with you.

But, if you ever want to email me directly to talk about pumpkins or shoes or what it's like to spend a good part of your day Swiffering - shoot me an email to finnyknitsATgmailDOTcom.

Cheers.