Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Contests + Prizes! Also known as shameless self-promotion.

You may not know this about me, but I'm totally not modest at all.

HA! You totally did know that.

Anyway, since that's all out in the open and you know what a whorish self-promoter I am already, we can go forth with the news without any shame.

Or, just, less shame. Still swearing though! Always with the swearing.

Guess who's got a pattern in the new One Yard Wonders book?


ME, bitches!

And, like, a bunch of other super talented and probably way more modest people, too, PLUS the fabulous Ms. Junie Moon who has FIVE FUCKING PATTERNS (such a good thing I love her, otherwise can you imagine the smack I'd talk right now?) in there for you all to gape at and drool over.

The beauty of this book is its stash-busting powers, if you ask me, since all these wantable things can be made with just one paltry yard of fabric that you know you have just lying around in a big Tupperware in the closet not getting used, but I'll let you decide for yourselves what the beauty of this book really is. And if it just happens to be the photographs of my pattern that you find especially beautiful, well, I am prepared to accept that.

And if you are super fucking excited for the release of this book like I am (or you are just vaguely excited but have some single yards of fabric you'd like to dispatch - which is also fine whatever), leave me a comment today (10/28/09) and I'll send the winner (picked by the random name chooser thingee) a copy of the new book YAY!

Phew - said that all in one breath there.

And, if you want to hedge your bets (which, I would, because I'm that way), you can also go to the publisher's website and enter to win a yard of fabric a month for a year. If you manage to win both things, then, well, you're a lucky little fucker and I don't know why you're still working full-time because you could obviously just be entering contests for a living.

ANYWAY.

If you're still here after all my yelling, swearing and breathless self-whoring, and you want to win something ELSE - I should tell you that I also have a pattern in the Sewing: 2010 Day-to-Day Calendar. I believe mine falls somewhere at the beginning of July.

And if you don't like *my* pattern (which, what what's wrong with you?), odds are you'll probably find at least one other pattern in there because there are, like, more than a hundred. Yes, that means that some patterns cover more than one day, but let's not get hung up on technicalities right now.

If you want to throw your hat into the ring for either of these deals, leave a comment like, "I want shit with your name in it." or something to that effect, and I'll let the random name chooser thingee do the rest.

Do all this comment-leaving today, 10/28, and I'll announce winners tomorrow, on Thursday, 10/29. That way, if you don't win (sorry, losers), you can still go buy a copy of this book while it's still hot from the pressroom or wherever they hatch these things.

Because you know there's nothing like a warm craft book on a cold day. Or something.

OK - that's all the self-promoting I will do today. Promise.

44 comments:

  1. Even if I don't win the book I'll still take a look at it. Congrats on having a pattern in the book AND the calendar. Sounds like YOU are the lucky bitch here LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so dang proud of yoU! Brava! And yes, I am greedy and even though I'm one of your bffs, I have neither copy and me wants. ENTER ME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! Pick me, random thingie! Cuz I have a yard of fabric just waiting for an ideer and I just love it when Finny says swears!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooo! Good for you, Finny!

    Tell the Random Picker Bot I will totally grant it sex favors if it picks me.

    I'm a slut for sewing and free stuff, what can I say? :)

    Seriously though, congrats - what an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo to cool! What a lucky (and talented bitch you are)! But so am I! No, no...no immodesty here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. count me in! maybe this is the inspiration i need to fire up my bernina!

    apriljnelson[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I want all things finny related! It will be super awesome to rub them in Jeph's face and be like "ha ha beeyatch...look what I have! Finny loves me more!"

    :)

    congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's in, I'm in too! I don't care what it is, but I have to win it over Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh, how exciting! Shamelessly promote all you want!! And I'll enter your contests so I can shamelessly win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't qualify for the free-yard-of-fabric-a-month contest because I don't live in the U.S. Booo! But hopefully I still qualify for your contest. Congrats on getting your patterns published!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I have yards upon yards of fabric needing to be used up!
    And congrats on you famous-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh oh oh oh pick me pick me pick me:) congrats on the honors - that is so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all, CONGRATS! That is so exciting!

    Secondly: New sewing book? Stash-busting powers? Included are patterns by people I will boldly claim to know? Heck, yeah, I want a copy! A free one would be a special bonus, to be sure....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Surprise! I've been stalking your blog for who knows how long and figured it was about time I comment. I can't wait to check out the new book and look for my famous crafter friend's pattern. Perfet timing for this to come out as I've been searching for a perfect xmas gift for my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Yay for you!

    And I so hope that I am picked. I've been jealous of my yarn friends for a while because they have their fancy "one skein wonder" books. I had no idea there was a book for fabric junkies too!

    If I don't win, I'm buying it anyway. I've got Christmas gifts to make!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a very crafty gal, as is June!

    I hope I win! ;)

    shinz3 at cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, congrats! I'm definitely jealous! You didn't tell us what the pattern is though...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow you are so cool. Please officially remove my name from pile from which you will choose as I have a delicious jar of finny pickles and that is enough for me! BUT I will buy that book because I have millions of one-yards in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Get right out! I just bought a yard of fabric yesterday with no actual plans for it, other than to gaze at its loveliness. Nice work getting TWO patterns published! That's super exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, oh, oh, yes please! I really need to bust through some stash. And then some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. ok, well, I don't sew. Don't have a machine. BUT, my little sister would like to sew - and I'd love to win this super fine book with a Finny pattern in it to give to her! See, what I nice sister I am?

    ReplyDelete
  22. that is so awesome sis!! even if i don't win, perhaps you can bring the books along to thanksgiving so i can gaze in stupor over your ingeniousness. and then, perhaps, i will actually go out and buy one because as you know i have hordes of pretty, yet-to-be sewn fabric in need of good project ideas. xo, m

    ReplyDelete
  23. *Picture that know-it-all-way-too-excited-to-answer kid from elementary school waiving her arm around like crazy and making those little noises* Now picture her in slacks in an office.*

    That's me wanting to win...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yeah for you! How fabulous that you got a pattern in a book. I've been wanting to get this book, so I'd LOVE to win a copy of it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This whole post cracked me up! Congrats--you're awesome, but you already knew that, of course! I would love to win the book..

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome!! Many congrats..

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations! I saw that book at Amazon. So your famous now? :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats!!! Thank you for the giveaway! I would be a very happy girl if I won this book...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Pick me because I can't sew and maybe by having something that makes me look like a loser daily will force me to learn. So I don't have to buy new pants everytime I lose a button. :(

    ReplyDelete
  30. I want sh*t with your name on it!

    (congrats, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I think it's wonderful that you've got a pattern in what promises to be a very creative book-- and I'd love to win either the book or the calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Go Finny, go Finny. *insert Cabbage Patching here*

    Anyway, I like pea brain patterns, and what's more, if they're pea brain enough I think I may actually be able to follow them. So let the winning commence.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I also would like sh*t with your name on it. And, also, you ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I've got stash coming out my ears and could totally use a book like this!

    merraqabi at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  35. I've been wanting this book anyway, and now I want it twice as much, just because you're so awesome. Not that I'm sucking up or anything. But I hope I win. Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  36. woo hoo! Congrats! One yard always seems like a lot until you try to wrap it around you and realize what a heffer you are because No, one yard cannot make a skirt on these hips. I bet there are a ton of cute things in that book though, since you had something to do with it! Congrats!
    k

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congrats! I hope I win!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love a good post with the word fuck in it. and for that I should be rewarded. Please please please.

    pS -- Congratulations, and all that other schmoopy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  39. "I want shit with your name in it."


    There I did it...copy/paste, nothing to it. Because I am basically lazy, but I still want the book or the calendar or both and I am going to go try to win the yards of fabric and then I am going to the store to buy Lottery tickets, because I am on a roll with all this contest stuff and all.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow -- Congratulations Finny! That's reeeeeallllly exciting! Inquiring minds want to know if they censored your pattern! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I just discovered in my mail last night that I only have ONE project in the book, no room for my others I'm sad to say. But I'm still thrilled to be part of the whole venture and tickled to be in the same book with you.

    Please don't enter my name in the drawing as I'll be getting a copy as a contributor.

    ReplyDelete
  42. GimmeGimmeGimme.

    And PLEASE update us on your front yard meadow. I'm kinda dying over here.

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a great idea! One yard always looked to me like a lot of fabric, but so many patterns require so much more.

    ReplyDelete

[2013 update: You can't comment as an anonymous person anymore. Too many douchebags were leaving bullshit SPAM comments and my inbox was getting flooded, but if you're here to comment in a real way like a real person, go to it.]

Look at you commenting, that's fun.

So, here's the thing with commenting, unless you have an email address associated with your own profile, your comment will still post, but I won't have an email address with which to reply to you personally.

Sucks, right?

Anyway, to remedy this, I usually come back to my posts and post replies in the comment field with you.

But, if you ever want to email me directly to talk about pumpkins or shoes or what it's like to spend a good part of your day Swiffering - shoot me an email to finnyknitsATgmailDOTcom.

Cheers.