Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Freakishly Wonderful

Oh yes that is right, downright freakish.



  • Best Bloody Mary's ever x2
  • Fried artichoke hearts WITH ranch dressing
  • Crab and avocado sandwiches fresh from the sea (just the crab - avocado and sandwich comes from the land)
  • Black light miniature golf (yes, for reals)
  • Seaside jewelry shopping
  • Loooooooooong walks on the beach with Hubby
  • Collecting sand dollars by the dozen
  • Hours of late night Venture Brothers binges
  • Finishing one book and getting halfway through another
  • Many midday naps
  • Flying kites (So not just for six year olds)
  • Romantic artichoke dinners on our seaside porch
  • Plenty of wine, whisky and gin
  • All manner of beach stereotypica

Really though, when you shoehorn all those things into one weekend, how can it NOT be freakishly wonderful? How I ask you?!

The fact of the matter is, that it can't be anything other than obscenely great and lovely. I think I said "This is so lovely" approximately one hundred times over the course of our long four day weekend - and I'm not even British. And at apparently bizarre moments; immediately after waking up from a nap, after dumping a truckload of sand out of my pant cuffs and onto the carpeted floor (shhh), once after crashing my kite into the sand headfirst. I'm sure I was just overwhelmed with the unending loveliness of it all that I ran out of the creativity to form words like; blissful, perfect-o and keen.

It was so lovely, in fact, that I 100% forgot about work and managed to relaxamundo to the bone so successfully that this morning, back in my own house and bed, I nearly passed away when the alarm went off at 5:45am. To say that I was startled is to wildly understate the situation. Thoughts of, "Where am I?", "What is that noise?" and "Am I still drunk?" raced through my head before I realized it was the real world calling back in to make sure I was still a member of the workforce, while holding out my running shoes and pointing to the front door.

Even still, as I strode dizzily on the treadmill, trying to catch up on the baseball happenings of the weekend, I could not shake the glowing halo of a weekend, and second anniversary, spent very, very well.

So well, in fact, that I will bore you once again soon, with video that I took of some fancy kite flying (this is no lazy box-kite tied to a picnic basket kind of kite-flying, my friends) as well a bit 'o heaven for those living farther than driving distance from their nearest sunny shore. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your collage. Maybe I will make a wedding one :D

    Believe it or not, I do actually work an don't just read blogs all day long.

    I think you should write a book Fin, I would soo buy it.

    I am totally cereal about it.

    ReplyDelete

[2013 update: You can't comment as an anonymous person anymore. Too many douchebags were leaving bullshit SPAM comments and my inbox was getting flooded, but if you're here to comment in a real way like a real person, go to it.]

Look at you commenting, that's fun.

So, here's the thing with commenting, unless you have an email address associated with your own profile, your comment will still post, but I won't have an email address with which to reply to you personally.

Sucks, right?

Anyway, to remedy this, I usually come back to my posts and post replies in the comment field with you.

But, if you ever want to email me directly to talk about pumpkins or shoes or what it's like to spend a good part of your day Swiffering - shoot me an email to finnyknitsATgmailDOTcom.

Cheers.