Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Austin is delicious

Oh my god I'm still full.

Because Kelli and I went to Austin for our Girls' Trip this year and WOW does that town have some delicious BBQ.

So it just looks like a pile of meat. BUT IT TASTES LIKE HEAVEN SO CAN IT.

Not that I'm cheating on Kansas City, home of my beloved Bubba and Jack Stack - maker of the finest burnt ends a woman/man/rabid monkey on a bender could possibly want - but lord knows I do love Rudy's.

Also, I got to introduce Kelli to the concept of ordering food by the pound. Good times.

And I will put that on the record - my favorite BBQ in Texas is Rudy's.

Call it The Worst all you want, Rudy's people, we all know the truth. Also - cattle prod.

Though the guy from whom we rented bikes thought that was ridiculous, apparently.

His dog, however, did not judge me for my favorites. Good puppy.

I do so love it when someone asks you what your favorite *anything* is and then proceeds to immediately discredit you as though you're some sort of retard.

Because you couldn't possibly be trusted to know what your favorite things are. No - that is for others to know and for you to feel incompetent about.

Please, hippie man, tell ME what *I* like because I have no idea.

Anyway, enough of my ranting. Austin was delicious and also rad.

Although, mainly delicious.

The ice cream...uh...melted before I could get a photo.

How perfect does this burger look? Not as perfect as it tasted, FYI.

Highly recommend The Snack Bar, if only for the fact that they have flash-fried Brussels Sprouts.

Oh - also, you can get a Shandy. Divine.

Black's Barbeque in Lockheart - worth the drive. Also, that's banana pudding with Nilla Wafers, not eggs.

Yep. Awesome.
However, lest you think that all Kelli and I did for the long weekend was eat, I will tell you that we also rode bikes all around town (instead of driving and parking and, in so doing, making ourselves suicidal), visited Stevie Ray Vaughan, got the manis/pedis, shopped, lounged by the pool, went to the spa, drank our faces off and OH MY did we chat.

And chat and chat and chat and chat.

Once a year we spend four days together and LO it is a busy chattery time. I doubt anyone could stand to be within earshot of us the entire time.

It's divine. For us. Less so for anyone who has to listen to it I imagine.


I feel all caught up now. And also full.

3 comments:

  1. And yet, I still have more to say. Time to plan next year!
    Miss you, Finnberg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the Texas Cheesesteak sammiches, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god, do I miss Rudy's so f'ing much. The first place my parents take me when I land for a visit home is Rudy's. 24 days until my next Rudy's!

    ReplyDelete

[2013 update: You can't comment as an anonymous person anymore. Too many douchebags were leaving bullshit SPAM comments and my inbox was getting flooded, but if you're here to comment in a real way like a real person, go to it.]

Look at you commenting, that's fun.

So, here's the thing with commenting, unless you have an email address associated with your own profile, your comment will still post, but I won't have an email address with which to reply to you personally.

Sucks, right?

Anyway, to remedy this, I usually come back to my posts and post replies in the comment field with you.

But, if you ever want to email me directly to talk about pumpkins or shoes or what it's like to spend a good part of your day Swiffering - shoot me an email to finnyknitsATgmailDOTcom.

Cheers.