Thursday, December 06, 2007

In Stitches: Big Winners

In Stitchers,

Take a moment away from your five thousand holiday projects to revel in the joy that is Announcing the Big Winners from this year's In Stitches-along. Go get tea, coffee, a beer - whatever, I'll wait...

...

If you recall, Amy Butler, the woman who created the incredible book from which we've been crafting all year, agreed to judge from all entrants in our Flickr pool and choose two Big Winners to prize with hand-selected fabulousness from her collections.

*hand-sweat*

From the very busting-at-the-seams pool she chose two incredible entries. One to be announced here in Finnyland, one to be announced in AfricanKelliland. And because I can't think of anything else to say to draw this out and make it more dramatic ...

One of the two Big Winners of an Amy Butler hand-picked prize package is...

Rohanknitter and her sassy sushi placemats and napkins!

Ta da!

Phew...I couldn't take any more suspense. Really. Without another beer anyway. I totally just felt like Bob Barker right there. I mean, not with the beer. YOU KNOW.

So, Ms. Rohanknitter, much congrats and, of course, extra nice job on these placemats. They are very perfect and excellent. So much so that you should be receiving a nice prize in the mail very shortly from Amy Butler herself. And, no no, you don't even have to send your address or anything to either of us ATgmailDOTcom because we went ahead and gave it to her already.

IT IS WAY TO YOU RIGHT NOW!

Couldn't you barf from the excitement? Maybe that's just me and my beers, whatever.

Anyhoo, congrats to you and to all of you for sewing along with Kelli and I this year. We've really had fun and *gasp* learned a few things (quilting with masking tape - best thing ever) and are now hatching our evil plans for the 2008 Sew Along with Book To Be Announced which you can vote on right here. Don't you want to just keep sewing along? We do. Obviously.

And lest you think we forgot about the November/December project (sorry, did you think you were off the hook?), we'll be announcing the winner in January along with the new 2008 Sew Along book and ALSO a very special other thing that you do not want to miss because it is so rad. Promise. I'm hand sweating right now just thinking about it.

So, go over to AfricanKelliland (I'll stop calling it that now) and see who the other fancy fabulous winner is. And then vote for your 2008 Sew Along Book of choice here. And then go have a nap because you are probably as exhausted as I am from these big announcements and beers.

Happy Holidays and Sewing Along!
Finny

6 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so excited to see what they get! Those sushi placemats are great, and I don't know if it was your writing or what, but I was very excited (with sweaty palms) to read who won! Congrats to Rohanknitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH!! OMG OMG OMG!! And HOLY CRAP!!! And I just screamed so loud my family all came running in because they thought a very large and hairy spider must be crawling on me.
    Cause why else would I be screaming like a maniac???!!! WOW I am so excited and don't worry, the prize will be blogged in detail (ad nauseam).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Rohanknitter. I LOVE the placemat set. Your description of screaming has me laughing out loud right now. I feel the same way and have been giddy all morning. You can't wipe this smile off my face...no way! :)
    ~Jan
    mjanice12

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO awesome!!!! How absolutely thrilling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the fantastic placemats and napkins Rohanknitter made--they were/are stunning! How wonderful that she was chosen as one of the winners--I am so thrilled for her and Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone - go on over to Rohan's site and see what she got - it's fancy!!!

    ReplyDelete

[2013 update: You can't comment as an anonymous person anymore. Too many douchebags were leaving bullshit SPAM comments and my inbox was getting flooded, but if you're here to comment in a real way like a real person, go to it.]

Look at you commenting, that's fun.

So, here's the thing with commenting, unless you have an email address associated with your own profile, your comment will still post, but I won't have an email address with which to reply to you personally.

Sucks, right?

Anyway, to remedy this, I usually come back to my posts and post replies in the comment field with you.

But, if you ever want to email me directly to talk about pumpkins or shoes or what it's like to spend a good part of your day Swiffering - shoot me an email to finnyknitsATgmailDOTcom.

Cheers.