Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The hodgepodge of my mind

This past week has been a whirling dirvish of random activities, travel and inappropriate levels of spending.

So quickly whirling, in fact, that I haven't had a moment to blog about any of it for you, my loyal blog reader(s).

I tried to blog about all of it in a bulleted list (because bulleting a list is one of the finest joys in life) but, alas, it created a mess of mind numbing mini-stories that I thought might be more easy/interesting to wrap one's mind around if I made a collage of some type. And so, I bring you an e-collage of the weeks activities.



And because I can't resist a summary in the form of a run-on sentence: (from top right to bottom left)
-trip to AZ to see college friends, Nappy bag for pregnant college friend (featured in bottom row), inside of bag, the bag again, shoes I bought, AfricanKelli and me in AZ, fish button on baby bib, baby bib I knitted, second wave of Vtines flowers from hubby, first wave of Vtines flowers from hubby, SCOOBA (more on this later), lettuce from the garden, Walk the Line, Walk the Line (it's there twice cuz I saw it twice), pregnant college friend, amaryllis blooming in my living room, hubby scrutinizing most recent carrot harvest from the garden.

Ok, phew! Now that the past week's activities have been summarized (however inefficiently) we can move on to more pressing things like;

  • Super engineering Pumpkinzilla in Poison Ivy's newest habitat
  • Surrendering housekeeping to a robot
  • Closing the book on the @#*&%# kitchen project
  • Opening the book on the rest of the @#&^% house projects
  • Hybridizing (this is a word, so put your eyebrows down)
  • Xeriscaping (ok, this is totally a word. Look it up.)
Plus, I'm sure a million more random topics from my favorite categories; gardening, crafts, books, travel, everyday life, cooking, talking shit about people/things, lamely attempting to accomplish any of my resolutions, my ongoing relationship with Gime/Gym, how I want to be a farmer, etc.

Have a favorite or preference? Comment away, please.

3 comments:

  1. Hey there,
    I came across a website I thought you would enjoy. It's the creative / crafty person's dream come true. Check it out when you get a chance

    www.blurb.com

    (it's a DIY book publishing site that prints hard cover books for you.)

    Hope all is well.

    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, here is my blog spot if you ever want to be bored to tears.

    http://www.mywritingniche.blogspot.com/

    -Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should remove the photo of my giant HEED. For the love of god it looks like I need my own solar system. I'm like Sputnik! (okay, I'll stop.)
    Love the carrots! And two batches of flowers? Bitch.

    ReplyDelete

[2013 update: You can't comment as an anonymous person anymore. Too many douchebags were leaving bullshit SPAM comments and my inbox was getting flooded, but if you're here to comment in a real way like a real person, go to it.]

Look at you commenting, that's fun.

So, here's the thing with commenting, unless you have an email address associated with your own profile, your comment will still post, but I won't have an email address with which to reply to you personally.

Sucks, right?

Anyway, to remedy this, I usually come back to my posts and post replies in the comment field with you.

But, if you ever want to email me directly to talk about pumpkins or shoes or what it's like to spend a good part of your day Swiffering - shoot me an email to finnyknitsATgmailDOTcom.

Cheers.