Friday, August 05, 2011

Gone fishing, etc

So, technically, my absence will be partially due to fishing, but also I'll be gone hiking, kayaking, romping in the woods with the dog, cocktailing at earlier than usual hours (Me: How does dawn sound for cocktails? Bubba: On vacation - perfect.), swimming in any number of lakes, lip balm making, beer brewing, pickle canning (not in the censored way), CENSORED (in the censored way), hanging out with the neighbors and all other kinds of fun things that go with being on vacation in Lake Tahoe.

However - my gone-ness will be less gone-like than some of my previous vacations because TEE-DAH we have internet and we'll have our various internet connected machines and gadgets, so you may catch me uploading photos of perfectly executed First Time Ever Made please notice the impending doom sound made with that statement lip balm from recently harvested beeswax or maybe just pictures of Bubba running screaming from the deep down coldness of the lake. The point being though - that I may not actually be so much gone from the blog as I will be gone from work.

So, actually, I might blog MORE than usual since I won't have pesky work between me and my blogging habit. Or drinking habit. Or pissing away the day reading one of many books habit. Or, or, or...I may still be busy.

Whatever.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm harvesting up all my tomatoes today, packing Bubba and the dog into the car and we're all going up to Tahoe for a week of all that stuff I listed before plus anything else that comes our way and sounds amusing, so I may or I may not be blogging.

Super helpful, right?

Either way, you know there will be photos of bad behavior. And maybe also me in my waders! Behaving badly. 

Peace.

3 comments:

  1. I think you know already that I live vicariously through your vacations. So, have a rockin' good time (as if you need that advice), and I anticipate many posts and lots of detail about your lip balm.

    It has to work better than my attempt at lanolin extraction, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Vacation!

    I also want lip balm making details. And to volunteer as a guinea pig for said balm should one be needed. *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's another fucking tomato question from yours truly. My tomatoes are FINALLY ripening and guess what? After all that waiting and babying, they are LACKLUSTER. I got Sicilian paste tomatoes thinking that "Sicilian" was synonymous with "delicious" and well...they're not.

    SO, what tomatoes should I grow next year?

    ReplyDelete

[2013 update: You can't comment as an anonymous person anymore. Too many douchebags were leaving bullshit SPAM comments and my inbox was getting flooded, but if you're here to comment in a real way like a real person, go to it.]

Look at you commenting, that's fun.

So, here's the thing with commenting, unless you have an email address associated with your own profile, your comment will still post, but I won't have an email address with which to reply to you personally.

Sucks, right?

Anyway, to remedy this, I usually come back to my posts and post replies in the comment field with you.

But, if you ever want to email me directly to talk about pumpkins or shoes or what it's like to spend a good part of your day Swiffering - shoot me an email to finnyknitsATgmailDOTcom.

Cheers.