Sunday, August 23, 2015

OHMYGODWEFINALLYMOVEDSHITDAMN

So, yeah. We're here. 

In the country.

FUCKINGFINALLYALREADY.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The bees are here. With a view.

Jada's here. On the horrible carpet. Because she's the only one that likes horrible carpet.

All of our shit is here.

Our hilarious contractor is here pre-filling our new fridge with pink-bowed beer for Bubba.
Jada's new buddies are here

Sure as shit the turkeys are here
I've even cooked a few dinners after stripping clean (except for one. I left one tomato. On each plant. Because I'm a lady.) my vegetable plants. 

I needed help lifting this.

All people use roofing material as a patio coffee table. ALL PEOPLE SHUTTUP.

Weird kitchen with ugly tile countertops and the fabulous fabulous view.


Our Realtor is a hero, awesome and hilarious.
Too bad Jada doesn't love him AT ALL.
What more do you need for move day than (clockwise from bottom left) Fruity Pebbles, Rice Krispies and caramel, cinnamon, dark chocolate old fashioned, bacon maple chocolate, apple fritter, Oreo caramel, dark cherry cordial, sprinkles, strawberry Pocky, glazed old fashioned and salted caramel dark chocolate Rice Krispies donuts? WHAT MORE I ASK?

OK, that also.

Especially after this farewell from San Jose.

Figures.
Jada was the only one that loved the horrible grass.

So, we're here. We're in the country. We're unpacking and adjusting and meeting the neighbors and marveling at how the movers knew exactly how we wanted our furniture arranged. 

Perfect.

We've built a new stairway and deck.



Put on two new roofs. 
Cuddled our painter's dog

Found some good breakfast spots

Hunted turkeys

Hunted turkeys

 and stargazed (while taking shitty pictures with the phone).

And next weekend is my birthday and do you know what I'm doing for my first birthday in our country house?

I'M SETTING UP MY CRAFT ROOM MUTHER FUCKERS.
Yeah. We're going to be just fine "Way out there so far away from everything! What are you going to do?".

Hey, I might even write a meaningful blog post one day. 

MIGHT. 

Good to see you guys, by the way. You look hotter from here anyway. 

20 comments:

  1. welcome back!

    may I inquire as to the general location of the home? Im not crazy. live in vacaville.. hard to guess. so awesome youre livin your dream!

    rock on sista.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh and i grew up in san jose.

      weird right?

      Delete
  2. WOOOHOOOOO! I was just thinking of you the other day :)

    Also, I love that you left one thing on each plant because that is very lady-like :) I'm jealous of your country living. We have friends in Hollister that are in escrow right now. Once I'm past SJ, I don't mind the drive that much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Hollister is pretty close actually, but it's way hotter out there. We're closer to the coast so that we don't die of heat stroke like in San Jose. Because fuck San Jose and that heat.

      Delete
    2. At least there's AC. No one has AC where we live and I thought we were going to die last week or whatever week it was where it was far too warm. ::sigh::

      Delete
  3. Loving the photos and so glad you're finally there. Let me know if you need help with anything, I'm happy to drive and can't wait to see the new place. Love to you, Bubba, and Jada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably you and Fo should just come down and play. Help us break in the deck sitting :)

      Delete
  4. I am SO EXCITED FOR YOU. Craft room. Dude. So fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am - that room has no idea what it has coming. Stoked.

      Delete
  5. THERE YOU ARE. Occasionally in the past months, I would think to myself, "I wonder if Finn managed the move." And you did! And it's awesome!

    You will find way more to do "way out there" than you did in the middle of the People Place. So happy for all of you. I mean, look at that dog with the turkeys. Joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned it from watching you, country girl. Let's see how long before Jada congress home with a turkey in her jaws...

      Delete
  6. J-E-A-L-O-U-S! And insanely happy for you! (but still jealous!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm jealous of your peach tree and swimming pool, so we're even?

      Delete
  7. Oooooooooo...It looks jealous/envy/hatred-making. I'm happy for you. Sort of.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YESSSS! I LOVE THIS!!! And I must admit that your pictures are making me miss my old stomping ground of Point Arena in the beautiful Mendocino County terribly. Now I live in NC where all the plants are different and I can not identify the trees. Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep. Carry on. This is exactly as it should be. I can't wait to be there in a couple months with a giant bottle of gin to celebrate.
    CONGRATS YOU CRAZY KIDS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Matt informed me that when his parents kick the bucket, we get their house which is out in the country. Where they have bears on their porch and shit. I say NO THANK YOU, I need to live within a 5 minute drive to a Target and a Dairy Queen. Bonus if I'm within 15 minutes of a Wendy's as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COME ON! Imagine the adorable bear cubs in spring! Rummaging through your trash and attracting the attention of their viciously protective mother! Oh wait...

      I timed my drive to Target this weekend - 18 minutes (without traffic). And I saw a Wendy's over there. We may be in *best of both worlds* territory - or so say our neighbors.

      Delete
  11. Congrats on your new home....land....life!

    ReplyDelete

[2013 update: You can't comment as an anonymous person anymore. Too many douchebags were leaving bullshit SPAM comments and my inbox was getting flooded, but if you're here to comment in a real way like a real person, go to it.]

Look at you commenting, that's fun.

So, here's the thing with commenting, unless you have an email address associated with your own profile, your comment will still post, but I won't have an email address with which to reply to you personally.

Sucks, right?

Anyway, to remedy this, I usually come back to my posts and post replies in the comment field with you.

But, if you ever want to email me directly to talk about pumpkins or shoes or what it's like to spend a good part of your day Swiffering - shoot me an email to finnyknitsATgmailDOTcom.

Cheers.