Friday, October 03, 2008

Just for once.

Let me ask you a serious question where I don't have to tell an embarrassing story about myself first.

Have you registered to vote?

If you said no I won't shame you but you know you want to vote in this election so we don't have some crazy horse's ass running our country for four years. 

(I'll leave it up to you to decide who is the horse's ass.)
  1. Go here
  2. Type in your home address
  3. Get registration deadlines, polling places and everything you need to know so that you can REGISTER TO VOTE and then get to say for yourself who is and is not a horse's ass on 11/4.
P.S. I don't think they let you write in any notes, so you can just bring a post-it with you and write "[FIRST] [LAST] is a horse's ass" and leave it in the booth or something.

P.P.S. If you're in CA, deadline to register is 10/20. 

P.P.P.S. Also for you Californians, this is my plug for NO ON PROP 8. Equality for All. Or, in Finny terms: Try not to be an asshole. 


6 comments:

  1. Look at you, all civic and patriotic. And yes, I am registered to vote--don't hurt me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so frustrating. As a Canadian living in the US I can't vote. But I can have an opinion, so I've got that covered. I did send out a reminder to five friends though as the deadline here in WA is tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In NV the deadline is October 14th. I was going to post the 5 friends video if you hadn't already Finny. Thanks for saving me some work.

    Hi, by the way. I've been lurking for a month or two, but I am usually too lazy to post a reply. In fact, it'll probably be many moons before I do so again. Because I am that lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the last day to register in Indiana is today! but everyone I know had already registered at least!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first year (although I *always* vote) that I am super psyched to vote! No on 8! Yes for O!

    ReplyDelete

[2013 update: You can't comment as an anonymous person anymore. Too many douchebags were leaving bullshit SPAM comments and my inbox was getting flooded, but if you're here to comment in a real way like a real person, go to it.]

Look at you commenting, that's fun.

So, here's the thing with commenting, unless you have an email address associated with your own profile, your comment will still post, but I won't have an email address with which to reply to you personally.

Sucks, right?

Anyway, to remedy this, I usually come back to my posts and post replies in the comment field with you.

But, if you ever want to email me directly to talk about pumpkins or shoes or what it's like to spend a good part of your day Swiffering - shoot me an email to finnyknitsATgmailDOTcom.

Cheers.